FAY is a graphic design and creative technology studio based in Brooklyn, NY. The studio works with a range of clients in the fields of technology, music, arts & design, fashion, and higher education. We’re a small, passionate team of designers, strategists, creative technologists, and musicians, all focused on creating work with an eye towards the future.
As Project Manager you will be in charge of managing the studio’s projects and day-to-day operations.
We are looking for a highly motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and curious individual, with an interest in the arts (design, visual art, fashion, music, etc.). This is a role for a self-starter, interested in helping grow and propel the business into its next stage of growth while managing the studio’s operations with input from the Creative Director. This is a hybrid role in our Brooklyn office & remote, with 3 days a week in office required, to start.
- Project management for the studio’s client facing & internal projects
- Working closely with the Creative Director, designers and creative technologists to set weekly schedules and track projects
- Meeting with clients and communicating in person, over email, phone, zoom etc.
- Establishing project timelines, coordinating delivery of work in close collaboration with the team
- Scheduling meetings and taking meeting minutes
- New business intake, management and planning
- Writing project proposals, invoicing, scheduling and other operational tasks
- Manage & schedule social media posts on a semiweekly basis
- Maintaining our internal databases (vendors, collaborators, award submissions etc.)
- This is a hybrid role, in person in our Brooklyn studio and remotely (3 days a week in person to start)
- 2+ years project management or operational experience in a creative agency or internally for a creative company
- An interest in design & the arts (music, visual art, fashion, etc.)
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to manage multiple projects at once, ranging from branding & strategy, print & book design, web & digital design, generative design software, interactive installations and motion design
- Able to work across a range of tools and software, and learn new software as needed including: Microsoft Office Suite, Notion, Keynote, Slack, Figma, GitHub. We currently use Adobe Creative Suite for much of our operational workflow—experience with Indesign (and other Adobe programs) is a major plus
- Knowledge of best practices for social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc.) is required
- Salary range: $70–85K per year
- A generous vacation policy & summer Fridays
- Healthcare stipend
- 401K plan access
- Remote work flexibility
For consideration, please send applications with the subject line “Project Manager Application” to jobs (at) fay.design. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in working for FAY along with your CV.
Please note: Due to the volume of applications, we are only able to reply to shortlisted applicants.